Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Friday, September 09, 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
I don't know who wrote the following. I received it in the email I think. Its so apt for what I feel now and what I have been feeling since Eric first left for boot camp almost a year ago that I felt compelled to post it here. This is for all the military moms out there. We stand together.
_________________________________________________


As the days go by
The time for you to leave the nest comes ever closer and more real to me, and my heart begins to break.

As the days go by
I know you are becoming a true Marine as I read your letters through my tears about the ups and downs of bootcamp.

As the days go by
I envision you becoming the man you always wanted to be, strong, honorable and proud. But wait for letters with tears.

As the days go by
I miss your warm hugs and happy laughter more and more, the sound of your friends tramping through the house again would be a wonderful thing.

As the days go by
Just to hear your voice becomes an all emcompassing desire, that phone call message that I missed is played over and over again.

As the days go by
I realize that my baby is no longer mine, the United States Marine Corps has taken the heart of me and hewn it into something far stronger.

As the days go by
I fill the emptiness that I feel with finding and talking to other Marine parents who understand how I ache inside for my child.

As the days go by
I dread the time when you are far away, fighting for our freedom and the lives of your friends and fellow Marines.

As the days go by
I find the strength to let you go, and to support you and cheer you on when all I want to do is scream "WHY?"

As the days go by
The Marine Corps family becomes MY family, and I know what it means when they say 'Once a Marine, Always a Marine".

As the days go by
I pray for my son and all my adopted Marines and every trooper that needs the prayers, I pray all the time.

As the days go by
I wait patiently or impatiently, silently or crying for news of my Marine and his buddies, always waiting, but never alone.

As the days go by ... I wait for this to end.



Semper Fidelis and God Bless you all

about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares