Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Still no call from Eric. Its been over a month now since I heard from him although he did call his brother and sister-in-law a couple of weeks ago and they said he sounded fine. Hopefully all the stuff I sent him the last couple of weeks (hmm .. 6 boxes and counting?) will prompt him to call home and thank me LOL! I do understand why he doesn't call for so long but it doesn't make me miss hearing his voice any less. Its great that the guys have access to phones and computers (albeit limited access) so they can contact their families. Technology is a wonderful thing if it is used properly! I have heard stories from people that had loved ones in previous armed conflicts and many of them did not hear from their soldiers for months at a time, not knowing if they were dead or alive. I can only imagine their anguish during those times. As I have stated over and over again (both here and to myself!) NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS as far as our Marines are concerned.

I found a couple of snips of news that I thought I would pass along here because they both touched my heart in a way.





The first is the crying statue of the Virgin Mary near Sacremento, CA. The Catholic Church has yet to admit that it is a miracle but even if it is caused by natural means, it still seems like a miracle to me. What an apt time for this to happen! We all need to remember to keep 'Christ' in Christmas and I hope the news of this statue will help people world-wide remember that. You can read more about this at this link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2005-11-27-marystatue_x.htm







The second thing that caught my attention in the news was the death a few days ago of the world's 'Ugliest Dog'. The ugly (truly very ugly, I hope I don't scare any little kids with this) little guy died on Wednesday last week just before his 15th birthday. He was so ugly that when his owner adopted him from a local shelter 5 years ago her boyfriend actually broke up with her over him. I guess it was a case of him or the dog. My question would have been HOW bad was this boyfriend that she chose the dog hehe.





Kudos to the lady that adopted this little beast because he definitely EARNED his title of the 'World's Ugliest Dog'. You can read some of his story here: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dog23.html



And ... he had his own website, poor little thing:

http://www.samugliestdog.com/






Semper Fi and God Bless you all!

about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares