Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
NEWEST UPDATE: MilBlog has links to the video now. You can find them close to the bottom of the blog entry here: Info and Video at Mudville Gazette They also have more info than I have here.

UPDATE: First let me state that in NO WAY do I downgrade the service of our fine police officers and departments all over the country. Most of them enter into civil service because they want to help people and they do that very well indeed. I am indeed as grateful for them as I am the young men and women that enter into the Armed Services. This concern over what happened in CA a few days ago arises from the fact that I saw the video and I cannot get it out of my mind. I have no idea what went through the deputy's head (or why he did it) when he fired at Elio Carrion. It seems (key word here) to be completely unwarranted, but that is just my opinion. We will have to wait to see the outcome but for now Airman Elio Carrion continues to do well in the hospital.

There have been a lot of news stories posted about this incident since the video was released (by the man that made it) to the news station in the story link below. They are reserving the rights of the video (they paid $5000 for it, which the man who made the videotape asked for the money to be donated to Carrion's wife ... KUDOS to him from me) so you won't find it on the web anytime soon.

10News.com - News -
Video Shows Cop Shoot Man Who May Have Obeyed
Commands
"

Here are a couple of more stories about this from KTLA that I want to share.

Gunfire Stirred Another Shooter (story of the man that actually video-taped this incident)


Deputy's Gunfire Looks Like a Crime to Some

My prayers are still with this young Airman and his families. And the deputy that fired the shots that wounded him. He needs our prayers too.


--------------------------------------------------------


I wanted to do a quick blog tonight and ask for your prayers for a wounded Air Force policeman who was shot three times. The wounded soldier I am talking about just returned from a six month tour in Iraq. Was he wounded in Iraq, you ask? Well .. actually no. He was shot in California by a sheriff's deputy while HE WAS COMPLYING WITH EVERYTHING THE DEPUTY TOLD HIM TO DO !! The latest article I could find about it can be read here http://www.twincities.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/13760694.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_nation .

Updated CNN report here http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/01/police.shooting/index.html?section=cnn_latest. They are showing the video on a lot of news stations now. Watch your local news and I am sure you will see it.

Now in this article it says that the video tape (a home video taped by a bystander) was taken by The San Bernardino County Sheriff's department who were refusing to release it to the public. Apparently it was also sold to a local news station because CBS got a copy of it and showed it tonight. I know I am emailing the San Bernadino mayor as soon as I can and asking WHY THIS DEPUTY IS ON .. note this ..PAID administrative leave. If you see the tape ... you will totally understand my outrage.

Let's all say a prayer for Senior Airman Elio Carrion, 21, who last I knew was listed in good condition at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton.

I am waiting patiently to hear .. the rest of this story .. but I saw the video so I am NOT favoring the police officer .. he had NO REASON to shoot this young soldier from what I could see of the video.

Semper Fidelis and God Bless you all.

Comments: |
all our prayers are with all those brave marines.... who are fighting this NEVER-ENDING war against TERRORISM
america is fighting against the wrong enemy! may god who ever he might be bless them.
 
Thank you for posting that story. If those are the real facts it's absolutely horrid!

(a proud AF Mom...)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares