Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Monday, April 03, 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Eric continues to enjoy his homecoming celebrations (safely I pray!). His sister-in-law just happened to be visiting friends in California about an hour and half from the base so he got a ride there on Saturday and was suppose to stay with them till today. She called me as soon as he got there and was laughing about the fact that she literally flew across the yard and jumped right into his arms and he didn't even stagger. She told me when she called that he is still our Eric which was good to know :). Its great that in the last 4 days I have talked to him twice as much as I did when he was in Iraq! Its so good to have him stateside that I can't even beging to tell you of the relief that I feel. He does go back to work tomorrow so the party has to wind down till he makes it home to Indiana in a couple of weeks hehe! Then we can have our own party for him!

Good news on Ben also. He still has a long road ahead of him for recovery but he continues to improve and his condition has been upgraded (serious last I heard). Because they are keeping him sedated they are not totally sure if there was any brain damage but they are very hopeful that there isn't and that he will make a full recovery. Keep those prayers flying for him though. He's a strong young man but he will need a lot of support to recover. His mom has been with him since Friday night and she is showing that she is a strong lady too. She claims to be drawing her strength from Ben ... but I think it is the other way around whether she admits it or not.



Semper Fi and God Bless you all.

about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares