Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
I am tired ... tired and depressed to see that things in the world continue to deteriorate on a daily basis. I don't look forward at all to seeing my yougnest son sent out of the country again to protect the interests of ... just exactly whom actually? Just whom is he really being used by now and what for? I am not sure of even that anymore, that one thing I do know for certain.

I know he joined the Marine Corps for altrustic reasons ... he wanted to serve his country and help people. He's a good person. Unfortunately I am not sure who our Corps and armed forces are actually serving anymore.

It's so depressing I find it hard put to write this blog without blasting and lashing out at the 'OFFICIALS' that are using our brave young men and women as if they are just chess pieces on a board. Let's see ... if we sacrifice this unit today then we can do this and make even more MONEY! That is exactly what I feel is going on now. How do I deal with this in my own head? I'm just so tired of it all right now. All this crap ON top of the misery in my own life that I don't even want to get into here.

I support our troops because THEY, at least, are doing what they are because of their desire to serve their country. Unfortunately for them -- and us -- they are being led by greedy and obscenely selfish people right now. I know this ... I have known it for a long time ... but I pray that our 'LEADERS' will do what is right and I pray that God gives them the knowledge they need to actually lead us BACK to the great country that the U.S. was. What else can I do??

If you agree (and even if you don't) ... you may want to read the article below:

From BUZZFLASH
by Greg Palast


So, Osama Walks into This Bar, See? and Bush says, "Whad'l'ya have, pardner?" and Osama says...

But wait a minute. I'd better shut my mouth. The sign here in the airport says, "Security is no joking matter." But if security's no joking matter, why does this guy dressed in a high-school marching band outfit tell me to dump my Frappuccino and take off my shoes? All I can say is, Thank the Lord the "shoe bomber" didn't carry Semtex in his underpants.

Today's a RED and ORANGE ALERT day. How odd. They just caught the British guys with the chemistry sets. But when these guys were about to blow up airliners, the USA was on YELLOW alert.

That's a "lowered" threat notice. According to the press office from the Department of Homeland Security, lowered-threat Yellow means that there were no special inspections of passengers or cargo.

Isn't it nice of Mr. Bush to alert Osama when half our security forces are given the day off?

Hmm. I asked an Israeli security expert why his nation doesn't use these pretty color codes. He asked me if, when I woke up, I checked the day's terror color.

"I can't say I ever have. I mean, who would?"

He smiled. "The terrorists."

America is the only nation on the planet that kindly informs bombers, hijackers and berserkers the days on which they won't be monitored. You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get a jump on George Bush's team.

There are three possible explanations for the Administration's publishing a good-day-for-bombing color guidebook.
1. God is on Osama's side.
2. George is on Osama's side.
3. Fear sells better than sex.

A gold star if you picked #3.

The Fear Factory

I'm going to tell you something which is straight-up heresy: America is not under attack by terrorists. There is no WAR on terror because, ....... Click here and scroll down to continue reading the rest of Greg Palast's article/commentary on Buzzflash.

May God be with us all.
Semper Fi

Comments: |
I only got about halfway through the article...couldn't stomach the rest of it. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with him...at all.
 
I read the whole article and checked out the site, too. I don't agree either, MM; but I am glad that you and I have a place where we can share our ideas and feelings.

Once again I thank you for sharing your son with all of us via the USMC, regardless of the politics involved. Eric is part of why my days are good.

May God bless you and all yours.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares