Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Friday, October 27, 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Many of my readers may wonder why I haven't been posting much lately. Due to time constrants and the difficulty of getting Spaces to load on a dial-up (which is all I have at home) is, I must admit, only part of the reason. I have tried consistently to just support our troops and their families here. Unfortunately if I write anything, my feelings of betrayal by our present administration comes out in full force. I feel like I need to address this at times. This is going to be one of these times.

I read a post from a Marine mom on her blog, Blue Inkblots, that I really think everyone should read. I have independantly read the articles and items she refers to in her blog and I feel it is as close to the truth as you can get. Just so you get an idea of where my mindframe is ... read my response to what she wrote in its entirety:

-------------------------------------

To Deanie from me: I thought your son should be home by now, I am thankful that he is safe (for now) and saying a prayer for his peace of mind (and yours).

Facing the impending return to Iraq of my son's battalion next spring, I have to say that this post has probably hit home with me more than anything else I have read recently (and seeing it all pulled together here, made more sense). I am dreading having my son and my friends' sons going back to the nest of vipers that Iraq has become.

Even though on my blog I intentially tried to stay away from the political ramifications of this ridiculous excuse of a war brought on by power-hungry greedy men that care little for the fate of our country and focus on supporting our troops (which is why posts are few and far between lately, my feelings of betrayal by our government are BOUND to come out in my blog), I feel like I can no longer deny my feelings and I may start writing again on it. I KNOW I am going to post a link to your blog here in my main blog. People NEED to read this.

Thanks for saying what so many of us have tried not to think about Deanie.

And give your son a hug from this Marine mom.

Semper fi and hugs to you,
Tami


-------------------------------------------

Now ... if you are willing to face reality (and even if you are NOT). Its important to go and read Deanie's entry in her blog. Click the title below:

SEND A MESSAGE TO WASHINGTON SO LOUD & CLEAR THAT EVEN RUMSFELD WILL HEAR by Deanie Mills.



Semper Fi and may God bless us all.

about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares