Daily Life of a Marine Mom

A Piece of My Heart is home from Iraq

______________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Do you think that the VA provides services to mothers of the military who develop PTSD from dealing with their child who has PTSD? They need too.

Another wonderful day ahead for which I am grateful. Eric should be going to a group PTSD meeting today but I bet he doesn't go. I told him last night that if he wants to be treated like an adult he needs to start acting like one. At least make an effort to keep his appointments and at the very least ... look for a job. Mama is tired of taking care of you!

My life pretty much revolves around -- well nothing -- at least right now. I guess I could say that it revolves around my job. I think the stress of dealing with a son who is pretty much an alcoholic and doesn't seem to care much about his own life has made me into someone who just goes along day to day without thinking about it. I used to enjoy life, love life and live it to the fullest. Now when I come home from work, I don't do anything. I think I need to take my own advice (let's see ... how many times have I told Eric to do this) and start doing something with my life again. Maybe a dating site?

Till next time ... as my biker friends say ... keep the shiny side up.

Comments: |
Hello, I totally understand where you are coming from. My son is pretty much doing the same thing and also has my basement but brought in his girl friend and her three children as well. I just wish he would get help but every time he starts to go in that direction she does something and we are at the start again. I really don't think she wants him to get healthy. It is like she wants him to be dependent on her and she wants to use his income for the parties and crap. Please let me know how you are doing and if you have made any progress. Gods love and care, Rita
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
about
tributes
archives
rings
search
subscribe
other blogs
listed
other

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares